Thursday, March 15, 2012

Days 11 and 12 Drawing Challenge

Hello All,

So, I pretty much failed at my Drawing Challenge, as you can see in my utter lack of producing new pictures every day. But I will be completing the challenge (obviously out of the time limit) hopefully over the next month.

So here is Day Eleven of the Challenge:
A Turning Point in my Life.

The turning point that I used for my life is my admission into Emerson College.
I have learned a lot in my short time at Emerson, and I hope to continue learning in the time I have left.
I don't know how to convey exactly what I've learned, other than the vague idea of 'how to be an adult.'
But obviously I'm still in school, and I'm clearly not enough of an adult to be financially stable on my own, or to know how to rent an apartment without my parent's help, or all of those other things that parents just apparently know how to do, like taxes, and ...stuff.

I know that college seems like a cliche to use as a turning point, but that's because it really is a huge change in a person's life. It takes the familiar atmosphere of learning in a classroom/controlled environment, but it also takes the next level of learning by placing a person in a new city/state and living with people they have never met and they are expected to thrive by taking care of themselves. It's a huge difference between living with their parents taking care of them and being out on their own.

Day 12: Most Recent Accomplishment

My most recent accomplishment is my new position on Good Morning Emerson, Production Supervisor! I'm so happy to be learning more in producing and learning more about this wonderful and fabulous show. I've worked on GME since my very first semester at Emerson. I started out as a lowly little teleprompter, and I worked my way up to a year of associate producing, which was taken over by my brilliant friend, Tara, this semester, who is just so amazing and smart and knows how to do, I'm pretty sure, EVERYTHING that's involved in television.
My job this semester includes building "the rundown" for each episode. A rundown is a second-by-second outline of the entire show, and it changes for every episode, depending on what the hosts and correspondents are talking about and which videos they decide to use during the episode, and which guests we have on the show, too. If the rundown is built just right, we get a show that looks like this!

Don't forget to press PLAY!

So that's all I've got to give today, and I'm so sorry I haven't been updating regularly.
I'll work on that.

That's all for now.
Thanks for reading,
Amy Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment